Crontab task validation issue

Hi
i am confident that i have completed the task as i also verified the file creation in tmp directory. Please check once again

Hello,

Thanks for your query. Can you please share exact error you saw for this task in the dashboard?

Also few things to take care about this question are:

• You are asked to perform required actions on all app servers so please make sure you don’t miss any of them.
  • You are asked to create a cron for user “root” so please make sure you have created the cron for user “root” on all app servers.

Please feel free to share more details and queries.

Thanks
Inderpreet

I’m getting the same issue. I have completed all the tasks on all the app servers and validated it.
Message shown on the dashboard:
" E AssertionError: No or Invalid target crontab entry on stapp02"

Hello,

From error it seems like cron was not added correctly or was missed entirely on stapp02 server. What commands you used to verify if cron was added correctly ?

Thanks
Inderpreet

As a root user I executed

crontab -l

This command displayed the cron job.

Checked the status of crond.service with systemctl command.
Also started and enabled the service using systemctl command.

You can see many people reported this issue.

I performed the same steps (install cronie, created a cron job for root) on all the three servers and verified the task successfully. But still the task status is showing as ‘Failed’

is there any way to check/perform the task again?

Hi - I just checked this question and it works as expected.

One thing to check is if you have installed the ‘cronie’ package on all the app servers for Nautilus?

Check this by running -

[root@stapp01 ~]# sudo yum list installed | grep -i cronie
cronie.x86_64 1.4.11-23.el7 @base
cronie-anacron.x86_64 1.4.11-23.el7 @base
[root@stapp01 ~]#

1 Like