Created a static pod as part of the lab of the scheduling section; it was running just fine then just disappeared right after I’v upgraded its image to busyobox:1.28.4, how fun lol
Did you mean busybox:1.28.4 or was that part of the fun? What did you do to make it work, afterward?
It seems to be a glitch; what i did after updating the image is ran
kubectl apply -f
/etc/kubernetes/manifests/static-pod.yaml then the static pod magically appeared and an extra pod showed up as well but without the nodeName appended to the end of the pod name, that’s bc I ran
kubectl apply -f instead of waiting for the kubelet to spin it up.
Theoretically, when we add a pod definition file into the staticPodPath (i.e- /etc/kubernetes/manifests/), the kubelet should detect it then use it to spin up the static pod automagically and append the nodeName, where the pod should be running, to the end of its name but something went wrong for my case.
Thank you for explaining. Yes, I can see how things can start looking funny if you were to use the same manifest as a static pod and apply it for the scheduler controller.