Complex Tasks (600 points) should be allowed multiple times

Hi KodeKloud Team,

I got the first complex task (600 points) “Install & configure NFS server” & I feel it is hard to get the perfect/correct solution in first try. I am getting the same feel for other complex task like “PAM Authentication” or “Linux Network Services” as there are multiple queries for such tasks. I understand there would be some participants who may be expert & would be able to do these complex tasks also in few minutes but majority of us are not expert (particularly in Linux Admin). Also the solution which we find on Internet varies from one site to other & we can’t be sure before submitting that what we prepared a solution is perfect one & task will pass.

To overcome this situation & provide boost to participants in try, fail fast & learn such task should be assigned with 3 attempts allowed. I think it will help participants in trying solution without fear of losing the opportunity if it fails.

I hope others agree to my proposal.

Thanks,
Pradip

4 Likes

Hi Pradip,

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We will definitely consider it and will check what improvements we can make.

Thanks
Inderpreet

Thank you for your suggestions. We are working on some changes based on your feedbacks. Once they are made available, I will update you.

3 Likes

Hi Team,

It is really needed as I see many are struggling in finding a perfect solutions. Till now I have revised at least 10 times solutions based on info received from different sources on Internet. Please consider to allow multiple attempts for such complex tasks.

Thanks,
Pradip

@pmpcert2013 - This is nice suggestion and will definitely be helpful in boosting the confidence of the participants. A particular task can be completed in more than 1 way , so giving opportunity for learning.

@mmumshad - thanks for taking into consideration. Do we know when this feature be made available ? :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I left this KodeKloud Engineer course in between because I felt as a community the basic intent of DevOps which is collaboration was not being promoted rather competition was promoted. I gave quite few suggestion which I saw went to deaf ear & then I was forced to leave the platform.
Personally I like KodeKloud courses & I am member also. But due to lack of collaboration in the KodeKloud Engineer stream I left it.

Note: I think I logged in after March 2020 just now to respond this thread & mark myself OOO.

Thanks,
Pradip

Sorry to hear that. We have recently added new features for collaboration. Such as a feature to request for review, where other kodekloud engineers can support you in case you are not able to solve a task. As well as retry features for existing tasks. Please check it out.

More details below:

2 Likes