****Cluster IP - Inner Workings* Hi guys, could someone explain me how does a Po . . .

Andrusa:
***Cluster IP - Inner Workings
Hi guys, could someone explain me how does a Pod to Service(Cluster IP) communication works?

Per my understanding so far the Service doesn’t exists as a load balancer somewhere, let’s say in the control panel. If that’s the case e.g. how does a Pod 1 from Front End communicate with Pod 10 from Back End with Service Cluster IP 10.1.1.1 port 80 let’s say?

Does the kube-proxy on each node keep a list of all Service’s Endpoints and round robins outgoing Pod’s 1 requests through them? If so how does Pod 3 from same Front End but different node than Pod 1 keeps a track/sync of all this round robin? Or it just doesn’t matter and each node’s kube-proxy is completely independent?

Jayn:
You gotta use NodePort instead of ClusterIP.

Jayn:

ClusterIP: Exposes the Service on a cluster-internal IP. Choosing this value makes the Service only reachable from within the cluster. This is the default ServiceType.
NodePort: Exposes the Service on each Node's IP at a static port (the NodePort). A ClusterIP Service, to which the NodePort Service routes, is automatically created. You'll be able to contact the NodePort Service, from outside the cluster, by requesting <NodeIP>:<NodePort>.
LoadBalancer: Exposes the Service externally using a cloud provider's load balancer. NodePort and ClusterIP Services, to which the external load balancer routes, are automatically created.
ExternalName: Maps the Service to the contents of the externalName field (e.g. <http://foo.bar.example.com|foo.bar.example.com>), by returning a CNAME record with its value. No proxying of any kind is set up.

Jayn:
check this out|
https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/service/

Andrusa:
@Jayn but I am not looking for an outside communication, just in the cluster

Andrusa:
and my question so more is about how does a Pod 1 would communicate with Pod 10 as a part of a Service Cluster IP?
I am interested about the inner works of this Egress communication

Jayn:
With the service, the endpoints is created. The pods communicate via the endpoints.

Jayn:
I guess you’re looking for an in-depth idea, for that matter other experts can explain your query.

Andrusa:
yeap that’s what I am looking for