CKAD BASH/ZSH Question

Hello to everyone & anyone who has taken the CKAD exam,

I am gearing up to take the CKAD exam soon and I have a quick question with regards to the use of aliases:

I have become quite accustomed to using my own aliases that I have saved locally via vim ~/.zshrc.

Am I allowed to copy over my aliases (…and I have a lot of them) to the terminal that is provided in the exam? I understand that we are only allowed to have one browser tab open during the exam, so I was wondering if there is a way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer up some advice!

Update:

I do have one more question (related to my question above):

If I were to create a Github repo &/or gist for my aliases, would I be allowed to bookmark that alongside my Kubernetes documentation bookmarks?

Hello, @juliettet

No, that’s not possible. You cannot copy/paste from your notes but you can ask to the Proctor.

No, that means you’re accessing external link which is not listed in the “Resource Allowed During the Exam” section.

Tips & Tricks:

1. To be familiar with the exam environment so you can watch this demo video:
    https://youtu.be/ZByl-a-eghc?t=510
  2. Don’t spend time on a single question, cover it later you’ll get time.
  3. Nested ssh is not allowed.
  4. You’ll get scenario based so take time to read the questions, no rush.
  5. Try to copy/paste the main object name from the questions like pod/service/deployment/file name. E.g. pod name is nginx-test and creates a non-persistent volume (empty Dir) in the digital namespace.
  6. Make sure to create resources in the correct Namespace.
  7. What option you would like to opt before the exam starts “sudo” or “sudo -i”.
  8. Use correct context to connect with the right cluster. Watch the demo video, you’ll get.
  9. Network Policy is a part of CKAD, hope you prepared well. External resources.
  10. Other resources if you wanna do more hands on. External resources
    Let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Tej-Singh-Rana,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions and thank you for the helpful tips!! I plan on going through them all to make sure that I am not forgetting to prepare for anything. I appreciate it. :grinning:

Cheers:-)