Bonus points reverse engineered

Kode Kloud is a great website and I am enjoying it a lot… Thank you .

Looks like following is the bonus point calculation logic.

| Minute  | Percent of Total Point |
|---------|------------------------|
| (0-15]  |   50%                  |
| (15-30] |   30%                  |
| (30-45] |   20%                  |
| (45-60] |   10%                  |

just thought of sharing my finding with everyone here. If you would like to keep it secret or feel this is incorrect , please delete the post.

Thank you

2 Likes

Yes I agree.

But I am little skeptical about keeping the criteria same for complex or higher points task. For example if we apply same time duration logic for 1000 task which is involving six-seven different sub-tasks to be performed & also underlying/hidden complexity involved such as while executing the sub-tasks to resolve an error you may have to install some additional packages which is not mentioned or requested anywhere in the question then it is bound to take more than 15 mins. So generalizing the rule application without considering complexity is not going to yield benefits. Complexity should be a factor in determining the bonus points.

Thanks,
Pradip

1 Like

Generally agree, so far almost all tasks can be eventually done withing 15 mins, thought for some it might be difficult, but in the future when tasks will be more complex most likely they will consume around an hour. solution could be to expand task duration for complex tasks to 2-3 hours.

One can save few minutes by using following sshpass alias to login to servers. Ofcourse in work env one should not use sshpass, instead ssh keys with ssh-conf file is suggested.

alias ha1="sshpass -p 'Ir0nM@n' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias ha2="sshpass -p 'Am3ric@' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias ha3="sshpass -p 'BigGr33n' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias hlb1="sshpass -p 'Mischi3f' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias hdb1="sshpass -p 'Sp\!dy' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias hstor1="sshpass -p 'Bl@kW' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias hbkp1="sshpass -p 'H@wk3y3' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias hmail1="sshpass -p 'Gr00T123' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  [email protected]"
alias hjump="sshpass -p 'mjolnir123' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no  thor@localhost"
3 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I too was wondering why sometimes I finish under 3 minutes and only receive 50%.

To improve my speed, I configured a custom KK environment so I don’t have to deal with passwords when ssh or sudo on the app servers and jump system. I have a Github repo here: GitHub - pl643/kodekloud: scripts, files, related to kodekloud labs if you like to try it.