Application security opened firewall rule for 8094 permanently but failed the task even i made it correctly

Hi,

the task is to provide open firewall rule for 8094 and close firewall rule 8080 i did two things but i was failed with the error “Either firewall rule was not added for Nginx port ‘8094’ or rule was not permanently added on Backup server” both are done in pic see

@vishnu123sai seems like this task was supposed to be done using Iptables not firewalld.

@Inderpreet what is the difference, it was not mentioned and requirement is fulfilled. if you see the error it is not related to iptables or firewalld it is saying the required ask was no done

FYI >>
ERROR:
“Either firewall rule was not added for Nginx port ‘8094’ or rule was not permanently added on Backup server”

@vishnu123sai I think question says clearly that we are using Iptables firewall

ipt

@Inderpreet, in that case error should be different right? please read the error once. error is different.

what do you think is wrong with this error message ?

Either firewall rule was not added for Nginx port ‘8094’ or rule was not permanently added on Backup server

firewall rule was not added for Nginx port ‘8094’ or it may not be permanent rule added on Backup server, @Inderpreet

Same failure… I think the question should add a note that “it should be done by using iptable only, not firewalld” to make it clear