Application security(IPTABLES)

Hello Team,

Can you please check why the task has been marked as failed? I hope I have done the set up and made the rules persistent. I’d be happy to hear your feedback. Thanks!

I followed the below steps to add the rule and make it permanent.

Login to backup server and added the below two rules

sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8085 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8093 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j REJECT

Followed by the below command to save the changes

sudo iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

And finally checked the below config file for the rules to be present. (Attached snippet)

cat /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Regards,
Anusha

@mmumshad @Tej-Singh-Rana Can you please let me know what did i do wrong? Thanks!

Hello @Anusha

Can you please share the task image and provide us a time to check your validation issues.

Thank you for looking into this. PFA snippet of the task. Let me know if you need anything else at my end.

I think it’s a dashboard image, I need to view the question/task image.

My bad, I am sorry. This should be the question. I did not take the snippet of my question, but i found this from one of the posts. Can you pls let me know if this helps? Thanks!
ipt

8085 being the nginx port and 8093 , the httpd port - These were the ports mentioned in my task.

@Anusha As per the error the Nginx port was 8093 and you added a rule to reject it instead of accepting it.
Screenshot from 2020-09-12 14-15-20