Ansible Create Users and Groups, HELP

@Inderpreet @Tej-Singh-Rana @Devops @mmumshad

Hi All,

task was completed successfully but it got failed due to syntex error, please correct this.

Show code for add the user. We have so many spoils here that one more does not do any difference.

The error is in home directory for users tim,ray,jim,and mark. It should be /var/www/user_name as the task requests. you set it as /var/www but it should /var/www/tim for user tim.

@Devops @Inderpreet
it was done intentionally as it was mentioned that directory should be /var/www not /var/www/((user))
please re-frame the question to avoid confusion next time. and if it is the only mistake then please mark this task success for me and error should be different instead of having syntax error.

I’m not a member of kodekloud team support. I passed the task like what l said … l set home directory as /var/www/user_name…

I think home directory for all users under /var/www means with their names. If you will provide them only single directory then hard to differentiate their work progress and many more things. I knew words is a bit tricky.

1 Like

my apologies :slight_smile: i thought you are part of kodekloud.

@Tej-Singh-Rana @Inderpreet yes question creates little bit confusion. that is why i requested to re-frame the question.
Hi @Inderpreet please let me know if this task can be marked successful for me or not.

@Inderpreet please check this issue and let me know if answer need any modification for this syntax error.

@Inderpreet everything is OK for me and it shows me

• there is a syntax error in ‘/home/thor/playbooks/add_users.yml’ on Jump Server

Even I test with users from the App Server, and they’re accessable with their passwords
the syntax is OK

@Inderpreet Even i have the similar issue. I know the question is bit confusing. I have created the users under /var/www.

Everything looks fine. I hope to get the point for this task as i have done as per the question.

@Inderpreet @Ayman @Tej-Singh-Rana
i think many people facing same issue. please update us on this task.

Thanks for your feedback guys, we have re-framed the question a bit and marked it as Pending for whoever failed it.

Before performing the task please let us know if there are still any confusions to understand the requirements.

I do it right now, and get you back

@Inderpreet,

I have done the task now again. But still have the same issue. Can you please look into this?

@sathish2032 Its strange as there is no any issue we found with the validation. This might be some temporary glitch or something. Could you please give it another try.

Thanks for responding @Inderpreet . Just wanted to verify once again as per the question i have to create developers user with home directory /var/www. I hope this is not causing any issues with validation .

@Inderpreet, No luck this time too. It failed again :frowning:

@sathish2032 this is marked Success for you. I tested it myself I found the issue. Its fixed now. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Hello @Inderpreet,
The issue was in the validation section (it runs with the default ansible config /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg), that’s why it cause the prb,
Now I’m facing another issue, it tells me that the password of the user rob is incorrect

That task takes from me the third place in the leaderboard and I did’nt get my daily task so I felt twice
and I hope to regenerate another task for us if it possible
Best regards,
Mouad OURGH