MariaDB task failed due to erroneous "mariadb server is not installed on DB Server" failure reason

@peterwhite
Previously once i was able to scp …But now i am not able to scp .I tried to install scp on remote …but after “sudo yum install openssh-client” I am getting the message no package openssh-client available…Also i tried to change the permission on db server for /tmp file…Can you pls suggest what should i do?

@peterwhite

Hi @pratikshag you are missing some dependent packages which are also necessary to be installed with openssh-client package.Find which are those packages and install them.

Thank you…will try to install the other packages as well…

1 Like

I should have used openssh-clients instead of openssh-client…Right?

@pratikshag Try installing this on both hosts and then try scp.

yum install wget gcc man rsync openssh-clients

Let me know if this works.

Ok…i will try…Thanks

@akshayyw…I am able to scp now…but i have doubt like on which server i should edit wp-config.php. like .on all the 3 app servers or only on db server?. plz suggest.

The wp-config file is stored on DB server and is being shared via NFS to the app servers. So if you just make changes in the file which is on DB server those changes will automatically get reflected on app servers.

I tried to open the file in vi editor on db server,…it was blank

Actually you are searching the file on DB server but it is located on Storage server which is our NFS server, I mentioned it wrong in my reply previously.
You will be able to find the file there and do the appropriate changes as needed.

@Not able to see databases from remote servers…I did changes in /etc/my.cnf and wp-config.php

…but still getting this error…

@akshayyw…Also changed wp-debug to true…but not able to access database from app1

Hi Peter. What command do you use to install MariaDB-Client on the app servers? I tried yum -y install MariaDB-Client and that didn’t work. Is it just yum -y install MariaDB?

Got the answer

1 Like

Hi All

@akshayyw @Inderpreet @satagrawal
Could someone help me here , where is the miss.